Monday, September 20, 2010

First Cake


This buttercream cake was the first cake I made on my own. I was so proud of it! It took me forever to learn how to frost it and I kept getting crumbs in it the whole time. Out of the whole cake making experience, I've got to say that frosting a cake is my least favorite.

I used strawberries to decorate it. I like the symmetrical look.

Strawberries were the wrong way to go though because the liquid from inside it went all over the place and even dripped down the sides!


Look at how pretty it looks when it was cut. I'm sad to say that I haven't done this nice of a job getting the frosting all evenly distributed since.

I always wondered how people got their cakes to look so smooth. I finally learned that the trick is to put hot water on your spatula and the heat smoothes out the buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment