Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chocolate Cake


I recently got my first cake order. It was from my aunt who wanted a birthday cake for her son. She said she wanted it to be a chocolate cake and 10 inches round. I have never made chocolate frosting so it was interesting to figure out how to make it. I followed my usually recipe but added some new ingredients. Nutela was one of the ingredients I used. They loved the cake. I wasn't there to taste it but I will have to make another one so I can have a taste.

The chocolate buttercream was so nice to frost with. It was very smooth and easy to spread. It developed a waxy texture which made the spatula glide over it when smoothing. I added some roses to the cake. I am not great at making roses with frosting but they stood nicely. The icing was a bit thick and hurt my hand so I might try adding more butter next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment