Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just for Fun!



I found a new pan set that I had to try out right away. Here are some pictures:

I really wanted to practice the piping to create these swags. I think it looks much better this time!


















I also wanted to try out this embroidery effect. It's so easy to do, you just draw what you want with royal icing and pull in the edges with a brush. So simple and pretty.









This last picture gives you an idea of how tiny it is. It was hard to do all that string work with a #1 tip but it was great practice! I have to say that I'm not a fan of the suspended string work. It is very difficult to do and hurts your wrist after a little while! I think I'll need a lot more practice with it.


2 comments:

  1. This cake is so adorable! Almost like you can put on a keychain. I have been wanting to try the embroidery technique. I saw it a while back and just havent made a cake to practice on. I had to actually had to get a coke can to reference. lol Looks awesome! You are truely the mini cake diva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thanks fondant extraordinaire:) I have to make those little figures soon!

    ReplyDelete