Saturday, October 2, 2010

Last Wilton Class Cake


I tried a new technique this time when draping the fondant. I spread the fondant out on the Wilton mat using Crisco only. I then took the whole mat with the fondant and put it over my cake. There was enough Crisco on the mat to let me peel it off like a sticker and the fondant stayed in place on the cake. The only problem was that I made it a bit too thin and it ripped along the bottom. I was so upset about it but then thought about how to cover it up. I ended up cutting a long piece of fondant and placed it along the bottom so it looked like a ribbon. I liked the end result.

The top bow was something I wasn't crazy about in the beginning. Once I finished making it I loved it! It looks so nice and finishes the cake in a special way.

I used different sized circle cut-outs to cut circles out of different colored fondant and placed them all over the cake. This cake looks like a little gift wrapped hat box.

No comments:

Post a Comment