Saturday, October 16, 2010

Flowers and Ribbon


Today was our second class of course 4. We were to use flowers and ribbon on our cake. Have to admit I went unprepared so I only brought the ribbon and no flowers. Luckily, I was the first to finish up my piping and the ribbons so I was able to go out into the store and purchase some flowers that matched my ribbon. I was very happy with it because I got very positive compliments on the way out of the store.

I stuck the flowers directly into the cake. I am pretty sure that is not the right method, I believe you are suppose to stick them into either a piece of fondant or foam. I don't think many brides would want to eat cake that's been in contact with metal. The instructor said it was fine but it seems a bit weird to me.

I just realized I made two brown and pink cakes in a row! I need to change up the colors for next time.


2 comments:

  1. Really pretty cake, I like the patterning. Brown and pink is one of my favourite colour combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LilaVanilla,

    Thank you! I love brown and pink. It's goes so well together and that ribbon had light pink stitching so it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete